Go wild for the day
In the mood to dip a paddle, cast a line or hike through the forest of one of Ontario’s beautiful provincial parks? Experience the breathtaking wilderness for free by borrowing an unlimited day-use park pass from the Library. It’s all part of the Ontario Park Permit Lending Program.
How it works
- Each Ontario Park Pass provides unlimited day-use access for one vehicle and its occupants to all provincial parks in Ontario.
- You can borrow an Ontario Park Pass for up to 7 days.
- Visit the Library or contact us to reserve your Ontario Park Pass. You can place a hold on a park pass to reserve one in advance.
- Once you have the Ontario Park Pass, at least five days before you head out on your adventure you will need to book a vehicle permit for the park you plan to visit. You can do this online at reservations.ontarioparks.com or by phone at 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).
- Each Park Pass is eligible for unlimited day-use access for one vehicle and its occupants to all provincial parks in Ontario, where fees are normally charged.
- Park Passes can be loaned for up to 7 days.
- You can place a hold on a Park Pass to reserve one in advance!
- Park Passes cannot be renewed.
- There is a replacement cost of $225.00 per permit if it is lost or destroyed.
- Vehicle Day Use Rate, if pass is returned late: $21.00/day.
Visitors will be able to book day-use access for their visits up to five days in advance.
Library patrons who have borrowed a seasonal permit will need to obtain an advance daily vehicle permit for all visits, including for free day-use days.
There are two ways to obtain a daily vehicle permit in advance:
- Online at reservations.ontarioparks.com.
- By phone at 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275) — Open daily from 7am to 9pm Eastern Time.
When patrons arrive at a park, they will need to bring the seasonal permit they have borrowed from the library, as well as a printed or electronic copy of the confirmation email that indicates they have secured a space at the park on the day of the visit.
See ontarioparks.com/dayuse for more information.