A place where everyone is welcome
The Library recognizes and affirms the dignity of those we serve, regardless of heritage, education, beliefs, race, income, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical, or mental abilities. The Library makes diversity and inclusion priorities in planning and decision making for staffing, collections, and services that:
- Provide safe and welcoming spaces that reflect the diversity of all residents and where all people experience an equal sense of belonging
- Encourage relationship building among diverse individuals and groups to develop solidarity and allyship
- Eliminate systemic discrimination and barriers
- Provide marginalized communities’ opportunities for education and learning
- Advocate for public and community services to be inclusive and reflective of the needs of diverse residents and communities.
Discover more in the Library
The Library is dedicated to supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion in all our programming, services and collections.
More can be found at the links below:
- Adult Reading Recommendations
- Children Reading Recommendations
- Teen Reading Recommendations
- LGBTQ+ Reading Recommendations
- Truth and Reconciliation Adult Reading Recommendations
- Truth and Reconciliation Juvenile Reading Recommendations