See our Internet Use Policy here:
Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library – Public Internet Access Policy
This library offers public Internet access and wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet access.
By clicking “I Agree” below and using either of these Internet services you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
- Library staff do not control information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
- The library is not responsible for any damages or loss of data you may experience while using public Internet access.
- Your Internet activity may be traceable to you.
- Responsibility for a child’s use of the Internet rests solely with his or her parent or legal guardian.
- You must be considerate of the values of other library patrons and the presence of children in the library when displaying content that may be considered controversial.
- You shall refrain from:
– Making unauthorized copies of any data protected by copyright or digital property laws;
– Intentionally damaging library equipment or altering the setup of computers in use at the library;
– Creating, accessing, viewing, storing, sending or printing any text, image, sound or any other file which is considered to be unlawful as defined by the Criminal Code of Canada which includes obscenity, child pornography, hatred and sedition;
– Invading the privacy of others by attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others, or by attempting to intercept private communications or e-mails.
- Your Internet activity must comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
Inappropriate computer or Internet use may result in the suspension of your computer privileges in the library or a prohibition from entering the library for a defined period of time.