Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I have items checked out?
- Books – 3 weeks with 2 renewals if not on reserve
- Magazines – 3 weeks with 2 renewals if not on reserve
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks with 2 renewals if not on reserve
- DVDs – no renewals
- DVDs (popular) – 3 days
- DVDs – 1 week
- DVDs (non-fiction) – 2 weeks
- DVDs (TV series) – 2 weeks
- Mobile Hotspots – 2 weeks
- Computer games – 1 week; no renewals
- Launchpads – 1 week; no renewals
- Bestsellers – 1 week; no renewals
- Playaway Lock – 3 weeks; no renewals
What are the overdue fines and library fees?
How many items can I have out at one time?
- Books – 100
- Magazines – 10
- Audiobooks – 10
- DVDs – 5 regular DVDs and 1 popular DVD
- Computer games – 1
- Launchpads – 1
- Mobile Hotspots – 1
- Playaway Lock – 1
What do I need to get a Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library card?
- Valid photo ID with current address
- No current ID? Bring the following: photo ID (ie passport) AND one of the following: a piece of official mail, utility bill, voter registration card, etc with your current address
If I do not live in Whitchurch-Stouffville, can I still get a Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library card?
Yes, the Library offers library cards free of charge to anyone with valid ID as indicated above.
What if I had a library card and lost it or have not used it in a long time?
- If your card is lost, stop by the Library to get a replacement card. Bring ID as indicated above and the cost for replacement is $7.
- If it’s been a long time since you’ve used your card and you’re unsure of its status, you can check online under “My Account” or by visiting the Library.
What can I do on the WSPL website?
- Browse the entire library catalogue including books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, computer games, ebooks and more.
- Download available ebooks and eaudiobooks.
- Stream available videos.
- Browse the many events, workshops, and performances offered at the Library
- Renew items and place materials on hold. You will be notified via email or phone when the items are available for you.
- Access your online account:
- Check your card status
- Update your personal information
- View reserves and their delivery status
- Check the due date of borrowed materials
- Renew materials online
What other libraries can I join if I live in Whitchurch-Stouffville?
We have a reciprocal borrowing agreement for Whitchurch-Stouffville residents with the following libraries:
- East Gwillimbury
- King Township
- Richmond Hill