Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the library located?
The library is temporarily located at 175 Mostar St., on the second floor (with an elevator available for public use).
Where can I return my library items while the library is closed?
The outdoor return bins will be at 175 Mostar St. until February 27th. After February 28, all items must be returned to the return bins at 2 Park Dr.
How long can I have items checked out?
*All Books, Magazines, Audiobooks, will only have 1 renewal during the temporary closure*
- Books – 3 weeks with 2 renewals if not on reserve
- Magazines – 3 weeks with 2 renewals if not on reserve
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks with 2 renewals if not on reserve
- DVDs – no renewals
- DVDs (popular) – 3 days
- DVDs – 1 week
- DVDs (non-fiction) – 2 weeks
- DVDs (TV series) – 2 weeks
- Mobile Hotspots – 2 weeks
- Computer games – 1 week; no renewals
- Launchpads – 1 week; no renewals
- Bestsellers – 1 week; no renewals
- Playaway Lock – 3 weeks; no renewals
What are the overdue fines and library fees?
How many items can I have out at one time?
- Books – 100
- Magazines – 10
- Audiobooks – 10
- DVDs – 5 regular DVDs and 1 popular DVD
- Computer games – 1
- Launchpads – 1
- Mobile Hotspots – 1
- Playaway Lock – 1
What do I need to get a Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library card?
- Valid photo ID with current address
- No current ID? Bring the following: photo ID (ie passport) AND one of the following: a piece of official mail, utility bill, voter registration card, etc with your current address
If I do not live in Whitchurch-Stouffville, can I still get a Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library card?
Yes, the Library offers library cards free of charge to anyone with valid ID as indicated above.
What if I had a library card and lost it or have not used it in a long time?
- If your card is lost, stop by the Library to get a replacement card. Bring ID as indicated above and the cost for replacement is $7.
- If it’s been a long time since you’ve used your card and you’re unsure of its status, you can check online under “My Account” or by visiting the Library.
What can I do on the WSPL website?
- Browse the entire library catalogue including books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, computer games, ebooks and more.
- Download available ebooks and eaudiobooks.
- Stream available videos.
- Browse the many events, workshops, and performances offered at the Library
- Renew items and place materials on hold. You will be notified via email or phone when the items are available for you.
- Access your online account:
- Check your card status
- Update your personal information
- View reserves and their delivery status
- Check the due date of borrowed materials
- Renew materials online
What other libraries can I join if I live in Whitchurch-Stouffville?
We have a reciprocal borrowing agreement for Whitchurch-Stouffville residents with the following libraries:
- East Gwillimbury
- King Township
- Richmond Hill